Collaborative Teaching and Learning
Welcome to the Collaborative Teaching and Learning MOOC
On this page
Why Collaborative Learning
Being able to collaborate effectively is a valuable 21st-century skill, yet teaching about or through collaboration remains rare in schools because of a lack of understanding of what real collaboration in an educational setting means, and because existing policy conditions do not always enable it to flourish. Practitioners need a dedicated space and time to experiment and better understand what collaborative teaching and learning means in practice. This course is designed to give you that opportunity.
Would you like to know more?
- Download the full course syllabus here - http://colab.eun.org/mooc
- Enrol on the course
- Join the discussion on our Facebook Group
- Follow the news about the activities on Twitter by searching for #Colab_eu
This introductory course will help you to better understand:
- What is collaborative learning?
- How can I carry it out effectively in my classroom?
- What tools can I use to assess collaborative learning?
- How can I collaborate with fellow teachers to facilitate collaborative learning?
- Receive advice from experts and peers, as well as concrete suggestions about how to carry out collaborative teaching and learning in your classroom;
- have access to videos of inspiring practice and other support material;
- find a community of like-minded professionals on the course who can support you in improving your classroom practices;
- discuss, share, and reflect on these topics;
- use a variety of online tools and social media to communicate and engage in some peer-review activities.
The course is targeted at primary and secondary teachers, teachers in initial training and teacher trainers from Europe and beyond. Heads of schools and other stakeholders, such as policy makers, may also benefit from the course as an introduction to collaborative teaching and learning (Module 1) and to collaboration at school level (Module 4). Level of the course: introductory.
- Module 1: What is collaborative learning?
- Module 2: How can you design collaborative learning in the classroom?
- Module 3: How can you assess collaborative learning?
- Module 4: How can teacher collaboration facilitate collaborative learning?
You will receive a digital course badge and a course certificate upon completion of the full course.
Note to teachers from Portugal: You can get your successful participation in a European Schoolnet Academy course formally recognised as a valid continuous professional development, and thereby acquire the relevant number of training hours, by sending your certificate to the Conselho Científico e Pedagógico de Formação Contínua (CCPFC) at Rua do Forno, nº 30, 1º andar - apartado 2168, 4700 - 429 Braga, Portugal. For more information, please contact the CCPFC.
- Nair Carrera, European Schoolnet
- Anna Laghigna
- Viola Pinzi, European Schoolnet
- Antonio Luis Valente
Disclaimer and Copyright
CO-LAB (http://colab.eun.org/), the project this MOOC is part of, is focused on making collaborative teaching and learning a reality in the classroom. CO-LAB is funded by the European Commission’s Erasmus+ Programme under the grant agreement no. 562194.
All content on this course unless specified otherwise is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License