Welcome to the mini MOOC Designing Learning
On this page
This mini MOOC is part of the Edtech Entrepreneur Key Competencies course series.
This programme is designed for learners who are taking their first steps towards entrepreneurship in the education world. The content outlines the key competences of an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur needs to motivate people and build partnerships, combine resources to create an effective product and create value both for the customer and the company.
- Mini MOOC 1: Networking Skills for Professional Success by the end of this mini MOOC learners will have the tools they need to confidently navigate networking situations and build a strong professional network.
- Mini MOOC 2: Team building by the end of this mini MOOC participants will have a better understanding of how to build and maintain an effective team.
- Mini MOOC 3: Designing Learning by the end of this mini MOOC learners will be able to evaluate and create effective learning products and services.
- Mini MOOC 4: Business Model Canvas by the end of this mini MOOC learners will have a clearer understanding of business models and how to develop them.
- Mini MOOC 5: Sales and Community Building by the end of this mini MOOC participants will have a better understanding of how to build community of users and an effective sales strategy
- Mini MOOC 6: Legal Requirements in the Field of Edtech by the end of this mini MOOC learners will be equiped with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively protect, manage, and leverage the IP assets of their businesses
We strongly encourage you to join all six courses! However, if you prefer, you can also just join one or more selected courses and drop in and out at your convenience. Each mini MOOC is self-paced, you can progress at your own speed.
Join us in the LinkedIN group
Learning objectives of mini MOOC 3: Designing Learning
- Get to know the features of learning design process and principles.
- Learn about how you can apply learning theories to design.
- Explore how human centered-design can be applied in the learning-centered design context.
The main target audience includes start-ups and SMEs in the field of Education Technology
After completing a course, you will receive a digital course certificate and a digital course badge. To receive a course certificate, participants are required to pass the final quiz. The overall passing grade is 80%
Behind the course series
This course series was drafted by OAMK (Oulu University of Applied Science), with the support of the following EmpowerED partners: Computer Technology Institute and Press (CTI), European Schoolnet (EUN), Wonderful Education (WE).
The course instructors are:
Johanna Pihlajamaa, M.A. Ed., works as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences in Oulu, Finland. With an extensive background in education innovation projects, she brings several years of valuable experience to her role. Additionally, Ms. Pihlajamaa is actively engaged in lecturing within OAMK's Master's in Education Entrepreneurship program, where she also serves as the program coordinator. For further details, please see www.OAMK.fi/mee.
Janne Karjalainen, M. Sci. Engineering, works as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences in Oulu. His expertise is in the field of Design Thinking. He has several years' experience in working in one of the largest ICT companies in Finland. His teaching career has involved developing innovative learning methods for higher education institutions and participating in several international RDI projects. At the moment Mr. Karjalainen teaches e.g. Service Design and Innovation Management within the Master’s of Education Entrepreneurship Degree Programme at OAMK.
EmpowerED, running from 2023 to 2025, aims to establish a pan-European network and platform for exchanges between European EdTech initiatives, support organisations, practitioners, and policymakers. The project will map the EdTech landscape in Europe to reflect the current state of play in the sector. This will provide insight into trends linked to new schooling models and innovative education solutions. EmpowerED will provide policymakers with a clearer understanding of how they can better support, and work with, start-ups and SMEs in the fast-expanding EdTech ecosystem. The project will help consolidate and amplify the work of current EdTech organisations and will directly provide support to start-ups and SMEs, for example by offering training and capacity-building opportunities. EmpowerED will create a thriving EdTech ecosystem for better learning across the EU.
EmpowerED is a project funded by the European Union under Grant 101100704, coordinated by European Schoolnet (EUN). Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Commission. Neither the European Union nor the European Commission can be held responsible for them.
All content on this course unless specified otherwise is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License